A guide to flawless skin: Step by Steps to follow
So you think you don’t have time for intensive skin care? Why not just start with the basics? Many people out there struggle with finding a consistent regimen to follow so that their skin is flawless and smooth. It really isn’t such an arduous task to overcome, but it relies on having a set guide that you can follow day in and day out. List to me women! (and men). You can have healthy, glowing skin for years to come and delay natural aging by following these simple steps.
1. Protect your skin from the sun
- Over a lifetime, excessive exposure to the sun can cause age spots, wrinkles and other skin problems as well as increase skin cancer risk. Be sure to protect your skin by doing the following:
- Use sunscreen. You need to be using a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 which should b reapplied regularly particularly if you’re swimming or sweating in high temperatures. Furthermore, sunscreen has additional benefits that you probably didn’t know.
- Stay in the shade. When the sun’s rays are at their hottest between 10am and 4pm, seek the shade.
- Use protective clothing. Be sure to protect your skin by wearing long-sleeved tops and hats to protect your face.
2. Refrain from smoking
- It is well known that smoking can make your skin appear older and also leads to wrinkles.Smoking causes the tiny blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin to narrow – thereby decrease the flow of blood. This in turn depletes the skin of oxygen and nutrients which are essential for healthy skin. Smoking also damages elastin and collagen that provides your skin with its strength and elasticity. Also, the facial expressions made when smoking such as squinting your eyes, pursuing your lips when inhaling can contribute to wrinkles. If you smoke, the best way to protect your skin is to quit. Ask your doctor for tips or treatments to help you stop smoking.
3. Gentle care for your skin
- The routines of cleansing and shaving daily can take a toll on your skin. So be sure to:
- Limit bath time. Long periods in showers, baths and hot water can strip the skin of natural oils. Therefore, you should limit the time spent in hot water and long showers and try to use warm water instead.
- Don’t use strong soaps. Detergents and strong soap can strip natural oils from your skin – so use mild cleansers instead
- Be careful when shaving. Make sure your lubricate with gel or foam before shaving and be sure to shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Moisturize dry skin.Be sure to use a moisturizer that suits your skin type and one that contains SPF.
4. Eat a healthy diet
- In order to help you look and feel your best, eat plenty of vegetables, fruit, grains and proteins. It is well known that there is an association between diet and skin condition.
- Read this guide on proper diet for skin care by WebMD.
5. Keep stress in check
- Being under severe stress can cause skin problems such as acne. Be sure to manage stress by reducing your workload where possible and by planning your time to avoid excessive duress.
- Stress can come at all times and when you least expect it. Have relaxing hobbies such as yoga, meditation, or reading a book to distract you from the stress and relax your brain and body.
These magic 5 steps will keep you looking young forever if you commit to them. There is nothing holding you back from achieving a flawless skin that no all your friends would be jealous of. And people do notice improvements in your skin, probably more than you do yourself. Now do yourself a favor and get started with these steps, and in a couple of months you will see some great results. Ciao!